Interview with Olga Bratsun and Anthony Gebrayel
How would you describe tech2impact in 1-3 sentences?
- tech2impact is a global digital hub for impact tech. We have a network of 600+ founders, accelerators, incubators, mentors and investors, all working towards the same goal: to drive societal change and find solutions to the world’s most pressing issues, with the power of technology.
- We are an accelerating ecosystem for impact tech ventures to grow & fundraise.
- tech2impact also works with investors to advance purpose-driven investing, enabling funds to be at the forefront of a new era of doing business.
You offer funding support to startups; how do you support them?
- tech2impact does not invest in startups directly as of now. However, we do connect our fundraising members with relevant partner investors from our network. Investors range from public funds, VCs, and family offices to Business Angels and Business Angel Networks.
- We also have an accelerator program that helps selected founders from the EMEA region to become investment-ready. The next batch will start in autumn 2022 and applications will open very soon, so stay tuned.
- Our fundraising members also have access to 1-on-1 pitch feedback and regular insight sessions on fundraising led by experts from all over the world.
For which founders or startups are your services (most) relevant?
- In terms of geography, we mainly focus on startups in the EMEA region even though we currently have fundraising members in Asia.
- We mainly work with startups raising seed to series A round, but sometimes we also support startups with their pre-seed rounds.
- We are industry-agnostic. What matters to us is that startups use technology to solve global challenges
How do you define impact?
We also do not focus on one cause and use the 17 Sustainable Development Goals developed by UN as a framework to define impact. We work with impact tech startups and define impact tech as solutions that use responsible technology and science as a key driver to address the world’s biggest challenges and move us all closer to achieving the SDGs.
What are other benefits you offer? (consulting, coaching, network,….)
Standard membership (free)
- Access to global network on Slack
- Access to knowledge hub which prerecorded insights sessions
- Listing on the Impact Tech Radar
- Monthly founders-only newsletter
- Monthly „Founders circles“, P2P knowledge and experience exchange groups
- Promotion of achievements and job opportunities of our startup members
Fundraising membership (3%)
- Benefits of the standard membership + fundraising support mentioned above.
Accelerator program (5%)
- Starter or Strategic Memberships
- Quality Deal Flow – curated intros to startups aligned with the investment criteria of our members
- Access to networking & events with startups and other ecosystem members
- Thought Leadership – invitations to speak at tech2impact learning sessions & programs + featuring across tech2impact channels
Is there anything else about Funding or Finance in general you would like to add?
We want impact-driven tech to no longer be the cherry on top, but an integral part of the tech startup ecosystem, getting access to funding and growth opportunities like traditional startups.
For this, impact tech ventures need the right partner that prioritizes them in resource allocation, accelerator selection and investment decisions. Our strategy to achieve this? Championing our members and engaging multipliers of startup growth like accelerators, incubators and investors to make impact-driven tech a new norm.
About Olga Bratsun
Olga is the Head of the tech2impact Accelerator, also taking care of the Fundraising Membership. Originally from Russia, she’s been living in Vienna for several years, and before that – in Toronto.
Deeply passionate about using business to create positive social and environmental impact, she has been involved in the purpose economy space for over 7 years. Olga is also an independent purpose and innovation consultant helping her clients to be a profitable force for good.
About Anthony Gebrayel
Anthony is an Investor relations manager at Tech2impact. Originally from Beirut, he moved to Milan to do his MBA at SDA Bocconi 2020. After graduating in 2021 he moved to Paris and is working as a management consultant outside of tech2impact. He has also experience in as telecom engineer working across different industries for around 4 years. Aside from that Anthony is an Ultimate frisbee player and a small guesthouse in the mountains in Lebanon.